Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 304 guests, and 16 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
    E
    elh0706 Offline OP
    OP Offline
    E
    Anyone else heading out to the explore test tomorrow morning? I'm wondering how many of you will be waiting for results along with us smile

Good luck to all smile

Me!

I think this is DS's last Explore... unless he completely crashes and burns he's on his third round and getting into the range of just testing how many silly mistakes he can make, so we may be on to an ACT next year (or this spring if I get antsy... LOL)

I have my knitting and my giant coffee cup all ready to go for tomorrow morning... I suppose I should remind DS to get his pencils and calculator! wink

Good luck!

Erica
    DS8 (4th grade) took the Explore test for the first time yesterday through his school. I don't know how long it takes for results to come back. And I don't know if the school ordered the test for the elementary gifted kids, how quickly the school will be obligated to share said results with the parents.

It has only been one day and I'm already anxious for the results. I hate waiting for these things. However, DS was recently diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and they are struggling to get his medication dose correct. I think he probably took the test with a severe headache, and on low sleep since the meds make him rather hyper. Not the best of conditions! Maybe I don't want the results after all!! <Sigh>

Mom to DS12 and DD3
    Question about time... I understand there are 4 parts, each 30 minutes long. Are there any breaks/instruction periods between each part? I'm trying to get an idea of when I'll get GS9 to the derby in Feb smile

11:00 would work well, 11:30 wouldn't be too bad. It'll be about an hour drive from the test site to the derby site. The derby is scheduled to start racing at 12. There are opening exercises & registration before that, GS won't mind missing that. We should get back for him to race most of the heats.

Good. smile

Kriston
    DS's school started the test after lunch yesterday. I think that they gave the kiddos from 12:50 pm until 3 pm. That is barely two hours, with a few minutes for instruction time. You should be fine Oma. As a previous Louisville, KY resident, a derby sounds like fun!

Mom to DS12 and DD3
    No great hats at this kind of derby though. frown

wink

Oh, and OHG, please let us know how it goes. Does he make it on time (more or less) to the race? How does his car do? Etc.

DS7 is racing his first car this year, so I'm also eager to hear the results of your GS's design adaptations!

Kriston
    S
    S
    We're not doing the Explore, but we did the SCAT yesterday, we are also waiting for results. Good luck with the Explore, and OHG, with the derby.

We ran right up to 11:30 too... and no survey! I think they were just slowpokes about getting started -- I know the "ticket" said that no one would be admitted after 8:30, but when I left the site at about that time there was quite a line of students who hadn't been seated yet. I don't imagine they sent them away, so they probably didn't even start with the instructions until almost 9:00.

Erica
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by SaturnFan - 05/15/24 04:25 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by SaturnFan - 05/15/24 04:14 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...