Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 133 guests, and 19 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
    Lorel Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Just a vent, if you'll please bear with me. I have been getting beat up over at amazon where I do a lot of reviews. In the last two days, I have gotten about six or eight new negative votes on various reviews. I think it stems from recent posts related to homeschooling, as I have never posted to the amazon homeschool forum before this week, and suddenly I have all these negatives, and a snarky comment on my review for "The Well Adjusted Child". The woman who left that comment also reviewed the book, and she is a homeschooler, thus it's probable that she takes exception to the gifted label and has decided to become my personal troll.

I'm really a decent person, and I only leave negative comments or click that a review was unhelpful if it was way out of line or didn't provide any information on the item being reviewed. I just don't understand the mentality behind attacks like this. What kind of person enjoys this kind of petty power trip?

Thanks for listening. I use my real name at amazon, if anyone wants to read my reviews and tell me if they really stink!

Last edited by Lorel; 12/23/08 10:40 AM.
    Aw! What a grinchy person that woman must be! frown

I'm going to go over and say nice things about you right now. Hopefully she'll get over it soon and life will go back to normal.

Can you keep your head down over there for a few days in the hope that it will blow over?

Kriston
    I'm back...

That *was* snarky! Ick!

BTW, your reviews are really, really well done! So thorough and well-written. Don't let it get you down. The problem is her, not you. CLEARLY!!! {hugs}

Kriston
    I've half a mind to make a half-witted comment in response, but I think it serves its purpose.. Heh.

Lorel, your reviews get mostly 100/100 comments and I liked the review for the book, "Well Adjusted Child."

Review Away!!!

Did anyone see the one-star rating for the book WAC? Wow. I wonder if the Amazon Moderator left it up there on purpose?? LOL.

Your reviews are great. I read a few from your "detractor" and didn't notice her's being brief or concise.

Geez......don't let it get to you.

Put up your rude-blocking shield and keep on truckin'........

grin

Lorel Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Thanks, everyone. I'm a little calmer now. It seems to me that the sudden onslaught of negatives must have been from the same person or at least sprung from the same source. I hardly had any negatives before that, except for a few "controversial" reviews where I didn't gush about something with a big fan base.

Onward and upward!

That's the spirit! smile

Kriston
    Aaahh, come on, Lorel. You're not getting beat up, she missed you by a mile! smile

I thought it was a thorough review and if/when I end up homeschooling that book will be on my list to get-because of your review!

K
    K
    Excuse my long term absence. I'm really trying to catch up here!

Lorel - I've read a bunch of your reviews on Amazon and I think they're fabulous! I've actually bought a couple things based on them. It wasn't so long ago I didn't "get" the gifted label, so it's just lack of education on GT issues. There are many silent families out there who do get it. So keep up the good work!

Hi Lorel,
    I really like your book selections! I added a few 'Yes, this review was useful to me' and put one book in my 'to buy' basket! Thanks!

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...