I am hanging out, waiting to pick up DD. That lull between finishing something and not enough time to start another, so post.

I did not get on TV. I was cut. I actually didn't see it but went to WABC website and saw the clip. They interviewed the deputy Chancellor for the DOE and she was only on for a fragment. And I said such great things about gifted kids needing specialized education.

On another note. I am not totally done shopping, as I have been trying to get dollhouse stuff from fortune toys, which I found on ebay. I am thinking I need back up toys as this was one of 3 items asked of Santa. You have to get the 3 items. Unless one is horse and you don't live on a farm.

I just read this article, it was from the Global Awareness part of NAGC. Some grade 8 girl, who has partly lived here, partly in Russian, speaks 5 languages, (teaching herself Spanish one summer, hey what the heck). But her style of writing was so impressive. Her mother has done linguistic graduate work and homeschooled her. She did gymnastics and is on the state ballet company. Serious motivation, makes her a level 5. That is the thing about Ruf's levels. When I read this girl's story, the motivation is over the top. I cannot imagine DD being that motivated at 12 that she would spend her summer teaching herself Spanish. Would she go to a Science camp or something, yes, but to go get materials and teach yourself. I was very impressed.

Also on this Global Awareness part of NAGC, there was a description of how China is teaching their gifted kids. There are 10s of millions in highly gifted schools learning languages, accelerated sciences and maths, amazing stuff. My thought was that these millions are kids are going to be competing for spots in all the top universities with our kids. But their education option was phenomenal. I have a feeling that our new education czar is going to be about gen ed, not gifted education.

Ren