Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 381 guests, and 30 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
    I'm tempted,,,I just don't think I could possibly write 50,000 words in a month. Unless rantings about the frustrations with dealing with the schools would count..... wink

Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Hey, put quotation marks around your rants and call the whole thing "dramatic conflict."

grin

Kriston
    Can I put everything in past tense and call it historical fiction?

Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    LOL! That's what I'm doing! smile

Kriston
    Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Just reposting here so that everyone won't think I'm lying in a ditch somewhere when I go rather inactive all of a sudden...

I plan to be busy writing book #2 for NaNoWriMo, so I don't expect to post much on the forum in November. I'm shooting for writing 2000 words per day so that if I miss my goal some days, I can still make 50,000 words by the month's end.

If anyone really wants to get my attention, PM me. I'll still check my PMs daily! You can't stop a true obsessive! wink

See you in December!

Kriston
    L
    L
    Anyone else have kids doing it? My dd7 is signed up. I'd do it but I'm afraid nobody will piss me off enough everyday for the month of November for me to write a whole book...Aahh! That's just crazy! Of course they will!!

Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    LOL!

My DS7 is signed up, but I'm not sure how motivated he is to actually do the work.

Nov. 1 is here as of 10 minutes ago! I'll see you all in Dec.!

Kriston
    Good luck Kriston!

I printed out the elementary workbook. DS said he wants to work on it and give it a try.

My DD11 signed up enthusiastically and set her goal at 20,000 words!

We went to a kick off event here last weekend. The regional coordinators (or whatever they are called) Jon and Kelly were great. They welcomed her and her sister to the event and were really enthusiastic about kids participating. They even made them a special goodie bag.

Here's the message that was in the survival pack, for a little inspiration. smile

Hark, intrepid Nano explorer! You shal embark upon a journey of delight and discovery. Use the contents of this bag wisely, and you may come out a noveling superhero.

Plot Ninja: Steals his way into your novel when needed. Planted firmly on your shoulder with his menacing glare, he will motivate your wordcount. (little plastic ninja figure)
    Marbles: Because you have clearly lost yours. (glass marbles)
    Writer's Block: Friend or Foe? With your writer's block in tangible form you may choose to: burn it, bury it, drown it, mock it, threaten compteting novelists or ignore it as it sits in the corner and crys. (small wooden block)
    Candy: Essential dietary supplement. Nano-approved. Caffeine not included. (Tootsie Roll)

Unfortunately, the NaNoWriMo website has had some problems. Their server crashed a couple of weeks ago and their web hosting company took a hit a couple of days ago. So if you have trouble getting on their website (www.nanowrimo.org) try, try again...later.

By the way, I have 650 words today, so far...

Last edited by hi_corinna; 11/01/08 08:52 AM.
    acs Offline
    Whew! DS13 set his goal at 30,000 words. He has consistently written his 1000 words each day and has done make-up writing when needed to catch up after having the flu or traveling. He is entirely self-motivated and has really done this on his own.

We are so proud!!!!

Thanks Kriston for getting DS going on this. We would never have known about it without you!

How are others doing?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by indigo - 05/01/24 05:21 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs