Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 303 guests, and 23 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    A
    Angela Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    I am new here so please be patient and kind smile Has anyone (non-professional ie parent) attended an Alert Program conference? What do you think? Would you recommend? I have searched here but the search tool brings up every reference to program. I found the link to this program here initially.

thanks for any info,
    Angela

Hi Angela! Welcome to the group!

I'm still feeling my way around here and am a relative newbie. But I recently discovered that you can put your item in the search box in quotes. So if you search for "Alert program", then it will only return matches for the full quote. smile The search engine comes up with a more reasonable list of only six posting with this method.

I also use Safari as my web browser, and it has the nifty feature of allowing you to search any web page for a particular phrase. Go to Edit/Find/Find... and you can quickly find all references to the quote that you are looking for highlighted on that web page in yellow. This allows you to quickly scan through large amount of words for a fixed phrase. I'm sorry that I don't know that particular trick for other web browsers. But it does come in handy!

Mom to DS12 and DD3
    Sorry, Angela. I sometimes get so excited about the technical things that I forget the original question. I'm not too familiar with the Alert Program, other than what I have read on Hoagies web site. I know that there are others here who are much more knowledgeable about Sensory Integration Issues.

I'm sure that someone else will chime in soon...

Mom to DS12 and DD3
    Hi Angela.
    I'm an OT and have attended The Alert Program workshop. Is that what you are talking about? I use the Alert Program and related resources in my practice as an OT. What did you want to know? Maybe I can answer your questions.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Testing with accommodations