Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Angela Alert Program Conference - Anyone attended? - 10/14/08 10:51 PM
I am new here so please be patient and kind smile Has anyone (non-professional ie parent) attended an Alert Program conference? What do you think? Would you recommend? I have searched here but the search tool brings up every reference to program. I found the link to this program here initially.

thanks for any info,
Angela
Hi Angela! Welcome to the group!

I'm still feeling my way around here and am a relative newbie. But I recently discovered that you can put your item in the search box in quotes. So if you search for "Alert program", then it will only return matches for the full quote. smile The search engine comes up with a more reasonable list of only six posting with this method.

I also use Safari as my web browser, and it has the nifty feature of allowing you to search any web page for a particular phrase. Go to Edit/Find/Find... and you can quickly find all references to the quote that you are looking for highlighted on that web page in yellow. This allows you to quickly scan through large amount of words for a fixed phrase. I'm sorry that I don't know that particular trick for other web browsers. But it does come in handy!
Sorry, Angela. I sometimes get so excited about the technical things that I forget the original question. I'm not too familiar with the Alert Program, other than what I have read on Hoagies web site. I know that there are others here who are much more knowledgeable about Sensory Integration Issues.

I'm sure that someone else will chime in soon...
Hi Angela.
I'm an OT and have attended The Alert Program workshop. Is that what you are talking about? I use the Alert Program and related resources in my practice as an OT. What did you want to know? Maybe I can answer your questions.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum