Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 358 guests, and 20 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
    #27048 09/28/08 08:16 AM
    Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    I've never done this, but I'm trying it this year to get me moving on my second book. I love the concept!

NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. The whole idea is to write frantically during the month of November, so quickly and uncritically that you can't obsess with perfectionism or get writer's block. The goal for adults is 50,000 words (a "novel") from November 1 - November30. Kids on the YWP boards can set their own goal, from a few hundred words for a little one to the adult goal or more for older kids. The writing doesn't even have to be in English -- work on your second language skills by setting a lower word goal and making yourself write. If this sounds like fun, the time to sign up is NOW. The contest doesn't begin until November 1, but the "Great White Wipe" of the boards has occurred and the new website is up. There's a change in the YWP (Young Writers Program) rules this year.It used to be that people 13+ were required to go to the adult boards unless they were registered with a school class. Now, the move to the adult boards is just an option. If you're 17 & under, you're welcome to hang with the YWP group.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/
    http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/

Kriston
    W
    W
    This is great. Thanks for sharing it.

Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    My pleasure! smile It sounds like fun for kids, too, though I'd love to have some adults from the forum join me...

Kriston
    I will forward this to DH (he should be writing, but there's just the little matter of pay!! wink
    the ywp looks cool, too.
    Thanks!

Very Cool. Little C wanted to sign up. I signed her up and we tried to edit the info for her page, clicked submit, but it didn't save anything. Any thoughts? Did we do something wrong?

Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    No clue. I'm a newbie, too. It did work for me, but I registered as an adult. I haven't talked to DS7 about whether he wants to try it yet, so I haven't even tried to sign him up yet.

Did you check out the FAQs? That's all I've got for you, I'm afraid. Besides trying again, of course.

frown

Kriston
    I signed up DD9 as a child and I received an e-mail confirmation right away. After I put her info there, I got an "access denied" type of page, but I was able to log her in after that.

Thanks for the info and the website. DD is very excited about this challenge and is already reading the "dare machine".

Jen

I must add that after looking through the website more, I am impressed by the educational materials offered. The Young Writer's Workbooks are free to download and help getting started in the writing process. DD has written short stories before and even finished some of them, LOL. She is filling out the workbook as we speak and I'm trying to convince her to go to bed....

Jen

cool! maybe i'll give it a go. (it does say the novels can be awful!)

Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Oh, do! We can commiserate about our awful writing! wink

Kriston
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM