Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 136 guests, and 12 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    W
    OP Offline
    W
    ergh!
    I'm trying to find some of the old posts about above-level-testing and talent search. Anybody have links for me? Please!

Willa Gayle
    C
    cym Offline
    C
    Hi Willa Gayle,
    Since you're from the midwest (isn't MN considered midwest?) you should do the talent search through Northwestern (CTD)--see http://www.ctd.northwestern.edu/mats/index.html. Basically, you apply using standardized test scores MCA or MCA II or NWEA > 95%(with a fee)and it will enable your child to register to take above level tests (EXPLORE for grades 3-6 and SAT/ACT for 6-9). Then you get a report after the testing that will help understand your child's scores relative to other talent search participants and national avgs. If your child scores high, he then may be eligible for their summer institute and other programs. You can also do the talent search through other regions (Johns Hopkins, Duke, Rocky Mt,etc.) and some of them have different criteria, but it's good to go closest for awards ceremonies and it can still make him eligible for programs offered by other places. For instance, my son was in the Rocky Mt Talent Search but decided on the summer institute at Duke based on course offerings. I think you'll now have to wait until September 2007 to apply because they've closed, except if you already have test scores. I know Rocky Mt also says they accept portfolio applications for their summer institute so it's not too late for that this summer.
    Good Luck!
    Cym

D
    D
    Belin-Blank Exceptional Student Talent Search (BESTS)

http://www.education.uiowa.edu/belinblank/talent-search/

My son took the EXPLORE through this talent search last Jan. They also service the midwest.

Diana

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM