Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 321 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    OP Offline
    WOW! what a difference a day makes! Haven't had a chance to check back till now. Thank you all so much for your insights/info.

Dottie, where did you get the formula for calculating my DD's 130 FSIQ? I didn't see it in the article linked above (sorry - I also looked over this thread REALLY quickly as i have only 1.5 hrs. to whip through the house before I pick up my DD2).

If my question makes sense, let me know where to look at the info that gave you the formula / allows you to leave out NVVS...

You all deserve CHEERS!
    Okay, now, off to de-clutter??!!

And I will stick around, but must warn I'm very sporadic.
    Take care,

OliEli's Mom
    OP Offline
    See, I'm lingering, not de-cluttering (though I think de-cluttering the mind does count). And I did just see your post of the formulas up in the thread (sorry), but it's good to have the pdf too.

THANKS!
    (I'm going, really).

OliEli's Mom
    T
    T
    Originally Posted by Dottie
    I'm not sure what you mean about the Stanford numbers...different from the IQ? Or from the acronyms? Maybe it's an older revision...SAT-10 is most current. Oh wait.... I GET IT! You are talking about the previous posts (duh!). Those are for the Stanford Binet IQ test, your categories above are for the Stanford Achievement Test, and grade level to boot....they are not even both fruit, let alone "apples to oranges".

Did you get a break down on the WISC-IV? That's your IQ test! That will be the most telling for DS's abilities. If you have the profile, perhaps one of the index scores is more telling than the others. If you have a report, look for both the VCI and the PRI. Those are the big hitters on the WISC-IV.

He sounds quite bright! No need for guilt...we all learn as we go, grin ! "Moby Dick" alone suggests a very high LOG.
    Thanks very much I'll have to check the score break down the paper is at work right now. Thanks again

OP Offline
    Dottie et al,

FYI - am using the equasions (from the SB5 Bulletin on Special Composite scores) to help a family in out district whose daughter has been denied GT services, but might just qualify under said interpretations. So, the ripples spread, thanks.

OliEli's Mom
    Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM
    2e & long MAP testing
    by millersb02 - 05/10/24 07:34 AM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years