I've recently seen announcements about commercially available closed captioning eyeglasses, looked into it a bit, and learned that the first workable pair had been announced as the innovation of then 17-year-old Danil Frants and his friends.

"Teen Inventors Create Live Closed-Captioning Glasses for the Deaf"
by Emily Matchar, Innovation Correspondent
Smithsonian Magazine
December 16, 2015
link - https://www.smithsonianmag.com/inno...losed-captioning-glasses-deaf-180957155/

Originally Posted by brief excerpt from article
Frants is 17. His VP of Frants Innovators, Inc., Ilan Pesselev, is 14. The rest of his team is 18 and under. Most of them attend the same Manhattan high school.

I asked Frants where he learned the skills to create the LTCCS, given he’s yet to go to college or graduate school. He explains that his father taught him some basic programming skills and he taught himself the rest.

“If I needed to learn something new, I’d Google a bunch of stuff,” he says.

While "Googling stuff" might not help the average person figure out such a complex system, Frants is not average. At 14, he was the youngest person to ever intern at the ultra-prestigious MIT Media Lab, which focuses on human-machine research (think "smart" prosthetics and intelligent machines). He's also worked on cyber art projects that have been displayed all over the world.