Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 270 guests, and 22 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #244298 11/10/18 01:12 PM
    L
    OP Offline
    L
    I posted two days ago and it's still under moderation and I'm not sure if I did something wrong so I apology if this is a double post. My son (5.10) took the WPPSI this week and he was in and out in 35 minutes. I knew the tester needed to be somewhere because we were asked to come earlier than scheduled last minute but I feel like she must have raced through his test to finish that quickly. Can anyone tell me typically the time frame for that age on the test?

P
    P
    Originally Posted by lululo4321
    I posted two days ago and it's still under moderation and I'm not sure if I did something wrong so I apology if this is a double post. My son (5.10) took the WPPSI this week and he was in and out in 35 minutes. I knew the tester needed to be somewhere because we were asked to come earlier than scheduled last minute but I feel like she must have raced through his test to finish that quickly. Can anyone tell me typically the time frame for that age on the test?

We did my son's WPPSI at 3.5 and it was a little more than 30 minutes or so as well. We were also a little surprised by how short it seemed.

A
    aeh Offline
    A
    The average testing time found in standardization was 30-45 minutes for philly's child's age range, and 45-60 minutes for OP's child's age, but that's for the core subtests (sufficient to obtain the FSIQ, VCI, and FRI). It would be slightly less time for the GAI, and more if you were obtaining all five (three for younger ages) primary index scores.

Although on the shorter end of the expected range, 35 minutes is not crazy if she was obtaining the GAI only. Also, some children do test more quickly than average.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...
    L
    OP Offline
    L
    Thanks, aeh. It was to obtain 5 areas scores and FSIQ. Last time he took it, it was an hour. I'm just annoyed because the tester didn't even spend a few minutes building a rapport. "Hi, nice to meet you, let's start." I can't do anything about it so I just wait until I get the scores.

P
    P
    It took about 2 hours at least for ds9 when he was 4 but it was for the morning panel and the tester doesn't usually use the test. I am guessing it would have been quicker normally.

L
    OP Offline
    L
    Is it just me or does moderated posts usually take such a long time to be added? Anyway, thank you aeh for that info. It was for the full test - VCI, VSI, FRI, WMI, PSI and FSIQ. It's just annoying because the tester didn't even spend a couple of minutes to build a rapport with him and she obviously raced through it. He said he was only given 3 puzzles to assemble and last year he was given a lot more. I can't do anything about it except be irritated while I await the results. I appreciate the input.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Testing with accommodations