Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 203 guests, and 15 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2
    #230904 05/20/16 06:06 AM
    H
    OP Offline
    H
    What's everybody doing this summer?

R
    R
    I'm just going to read and swim. If there's summer work for my English class next year, I'll obviously do that, but the teacher might not assign any.

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.
    E
    E
    DD12 has a mixture of Girl Scout camps, STARS through DITD, and just hanging out at home. DS8 will have camp every week (not mature enough to be home alone, let alone with his sister), with a mixture of theater camp, chess camp, and engineering camp.

DD8 has wall-to-wall theater camps for the first half of the summer. Then a dance camp, a few other odds and ends, and maybe we'll do some traveling. Also continuing our homeschool routine, such that it is, throughout the summer.

N
    N
    DS5 is finally old enough for horse camp by our house so he is trying that for a few weeks (his friends who are older went last year and loved it). We also signed him up for a local GT camp run out of his school for all their sessions (he loved it last year), and we are also trying a sports/gymnastics camp run at a place that was highly recommended to me for a few weeks. In between, he has a few weeks to chill out at home (half day with babysitter and we are hoping half day of Lego projects and reading while we work from home - I hope this goes okay).

DD3's school goes through summer before she moves to DS's school other than a break for two weeks, which we have her favorite babysitter coming over.

L
    L
    One week of vacation at a lake, maybe a couple 4-day weekend regional trips to visit historical sites. DC each have 2 week-long day camps. Other than that swimming, playing, reading, and doing whatever we come up with.

A
    A
    We'll be living outdoors, with a perma-tent in the back yard as a shady getaway for reading and snoozing when the sun and swimming gets to be too much.

Oh, and I'll be working, too.

What is to give light must endure burning.
    N
    N
    DS17 is on a group trip to Europe, and when he comes back he may be taking an online course to make up the required one he is on the cusp of failing. And we will visit some colleges.

K
    KJP Offline
    K
    I've got every week planned out for both kids. DH and I are both really busy with with work this summer.

DS8
    Weeks 1-3
    Visiting out of state relatives without me or DH. Yikes!

Week 4
    Summer school

Week 5
    Family beach vacation

Weeks 6-9
    YMCA Day Camp

Week 10
    Scout Day Camp

Week 11-13
    YMCA Day Camp

Week 14
    Grandparents

Poor DS5. Aside from the beach vacation and the last week with the grandparents, he will be in summer school. Luckily summer school is mostly playing outside.

P
    P
    DD11 will have 2 weeks of Shakespeare camp, 3 weeks of a fabulous all around arts camp and her first ever sleep away camp for 1 week - Girl Scout camp with the theme "Camp Half Blood". She will also do a show but still deciding which one as auditions are coming up later this month. Last summer she did 3 shows on top of all her camps. Not doing that again. She loved the 14 hour days but we were exhausted! smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by indigo - 05/01/24 05:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by indigo - 04/30/24 12:27 AM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM