Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 332 guests, and 18 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    L
    Leyla Offline OP
    OP Offline
    L
    Hello everyone,

My son (1st grader) took IOWA Assessment Level 8 for English and Math. I am looking for a score report card showing raw scores with national percentiles rank.

He couldn't finish 3 reading questions at the test and needs 98% to qualify for gifted program. I am just wondering how big deal missing 3 questions is. :$

Thanks so much,

L
    L
    The way I understand it, the number missed will depend on the peers that take the particular test at that point of the school year, so it would be hard to say before this session of testing is completed and normed against the cohort. But to give you some peace of mind, one of mine missed 3/50 and got 98th NPR for math last year, so it's not a deal breaker!

K
    Kai Offline
    K
    I have a few data points that you might want to take with several grains of salt. It looks like your son took the 2nd grade test as a 1st grader, is that right? If so, that means that the percentiles will be a bit more forgiving, which is good.

Here is what I have:

When my son took the level 7 test, he missed one question in the reading comprehension section. The percentile rank was 91 as compared to 1st graders in the spring and 99 as compared to 1st graders in the fall.

When he took the level 8 test, he missed two questions in the RC section, which gave him a PR of 92 as compared to 2nd graders. I don't have what it was as compared to 1st graders--which is probably what you need.

When he took the level 11 test, he missed 3 questions on the RC section, with a PR of 93 as compared to 5th graders, and 99 as compared to 3rd graders.

L
    Leyla Offline OP
    OP Offline
    L
    Thanks so much for very helpful information.

Yes, he took 2nd grader test as a 1st grader. In addition to RC, they did vocabulary and language sections of the test as well.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Testing with accommodations