Does anyone have any experience or opinion about the non-profit CPM (College Preparatory Mathematics) in general or one of its products Core Connections Algebra II in particular? I am especially interested in the last couple of years since I believe there may have been changes made due to specific criticisms. The DOE reviewers rated it a 4 (highest possible) overall although there were some lower ratings (a few 1's and 2's and many 3's) by both reviewers on its 80+ page assessments as to specific topics. Sometimes the criticisms were unclear presentation of important principles or inadequate practice problems on particular topics.

I should take some time and really review the text myself but it's not on my list of wanna do's. In particular, I only have access to the online text version and I find that tedious when you want to review a book. I took a cursory look at their website and glance through a couple of subsections but don't have an opinion yet. It's kind of a weird approach and it is different than the other Algebra II text that I have seen.

Any thoughts anyone?