I think the truth is that she just isn't that into math right now, she acts, sings solos, wins writing awards, critical thinking awards, and was in an art show, gymnastics, etc. and I think I want her to love math more than she does, but the truth is, it isn't her passion, and she doesn't seek it out in any way outside of school and I don't provide any materials and none of her friends discuss it and I guess that is fine and I shouldn't be bemoaning a score that many parents would be quite thrilled with for their child. I am just used to seeing all her scores more like the 99th percentile.

I was told I could go quite far with math but had only a moderate interest in it and went in the directions of the arts and creative writing and then toward psychology and she may just be wired the same way. Nonetheless, I do think she would benefit being taught things at school that are beyond grade level and wish they would provide that within the classroom. The only thing I have noticed is all her "crushes" are on boys who are exceptionally smart, esp. in math...

Another factor that plays in is that my DD7 does present as a bit ADHD to say the least so hour long computer tests that are not in her area of interest might be a bit challenging for her to sit through!

Last edited by TwinkleToes; 05/16/14 02:00 AM.