Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 404 guests, and 26 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    J
    Jenna Offline OP
    OP Offline
    J
    Update. After a lot of thinking (and nervous candy eating) we decided to go for it. DS is enrolled in a small private K for September. We'll have to go through another round of planning next year, but today are feeling good about the decision. Of course, he's looking forward to "look[ing] wicked wicked handsome" in his uniform and "math!" Smile. At the end of the day, he made it very clear where he wanted to be. It feels good to agree with and be able to support his choice, have the school confident about accepting him and willing to do the same.

M
    M
    He sounds adorable!

I hope that he enjoys school in Sept and that the school is able to live up to his (and your) expectations! smile

Mom to 3 gorgeous boys: Aiden (8), Nathan (7) and Dylan (4)
    J
    Jenna Offline OP
    OP Offline
    J
    Thanks! We do too smile

A
    A
    Good luck, I hope you'll update with your experiences. My DS's birthday is about 8 weeks too late for the Kindergarten cutoff. I've been pondering enrolling him in a private school for K and 1, though most of them are pretty strict about the cutoff deadline, too. But he is quite ready now and there's no benefit to him in being one of the oldest in the class. Ironically, in the district we live in now, he could apply and be tested for early entrance: but in the one we're moving to, they don't do early entrance at all. Frustrating!

G
    GGG Offline
    G
    Wow! Exciting! Keep us updated. I bet he'll love it.

K
    K
    Originally Posted by Jenna
    Update. After a lot of thinking (and nervous candy eating) we decided to go for it. DS is enrolled in a small private K for September. We'll have to go through another round of planning next year, but today are feeling good about the decision. Of course, he's looking forward to "look[ing] wicked wicked handsome" in his uniform and "math!" Smile. At the end of the day, he made it very clear where he wanted to be. It feels good to agree with and be able to support his choice, have the school confident about accepting him and willing to do the same.
    Congratulations! I'm super jealous! smile

I wish it worked out for us too! We went for private, but they were just as strict with age requirements here as public! We've been unable to get anything better than a re-evaluation at the 6 week mark despite her graduating 2nd year pre-K in May!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by indigo - 05/01/24 05:21 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM