Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 97 guests, and 13 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    H
    OP Offline
    H
    This was a tough week in home school but DS7 and I are feeling proud and happy of the result. smile

This was the first week he LEARNED new curriculum goals every day. We started Beast Academy 3A and he dealt with totally new concepts in learning about angles and classifying triangles 2 ways. He threw all manner of "too hard" fits but then answered most things correctly. We had fun identifying angles at the park and making a Wikki stix picture of the different kinds of triangles.

We added in Pronouns and Adjectives to our types of words we can identify in Grammar Island. I learned the/a/an are types of adjectives. He knows the abbreviations and could accurately label nouns/pronouns/adjectives in a sentence. He really likes the concept that pronouns are "quick little nouns".

Best of all we found new apps with more advanced info about cellular biology which is a favorite interest of his. I did a lot of googling trying to keep up with him and started looking for a possible mentor who might talk with him.

We also read Mary Poppins and learned about the Lewis and Clark Expedition. He remembers visiting the Museum of Westward Expansion in St. Louis under the arch so it was fun tying together what it was really about.

We are struggling to get back to loving to learn, brainstorming solutions rather than shutting down, and identifying 2e triggers and adaptations.... but despite how taxing it was, I feel like this week was a real success in our Home Schooling adventure. We are both smiling and saying "Wow! He/I really learned a lot this week."

D
    D
    that is GREAT news. DD5 and i are sending you good vibes - exhausting weeks can be so rewarding in the end! and that's so, so wonderful that your DS is discovering that "too hard" might actually just mean "new." wahoo!

Every Sunday it brooded and lay on the floor. Inconveniently close to the drawing-room door.
    D
    D
    errr double post for some reason... so i'm wiping the 2nd one out!

Last edited by doubtfulguest; 10/25/13 01:50 PM.

Every Sunday it brooded and lay on the floor. Inconveniently close to the drawing-room door.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent