Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 136 guests, and 12 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    H
    HelenC Offline OP
    OP Offline
    H
    Thanks all, got it!

P
    P
    I answered on the other thread. I'm not sure they have given you all the info. Was it a print out from the computer based scoring programme or did you just get an email? It was done by a school wasn't it? Maybe they used a brief form or just some of the suggests rather than the full amount so they can't calculate fsiq. How long did the testing take?

M
    M
    That is the full form of the WPSSI 3, three tests each for VCI and PRI, two for PSI, there is no WMI in the WPSSI 3.

No idea why you don't have a FSIQ but I'm guessing 155+, because the rarity of all three sections being that high is extreme.

These scores are well into DYS range and from the achievement test it looks like you have achievement in DYS range too. If the ahievement test used is not allowable for DYS you might want to consider private testing with something that is. Or use a portfolio and those scores as added info?

P
    P
    Interesting. Ds4.3 did the Wppsi4 as part of the pearsons norming for Australasia last week. It took 2 hours so I figured there were more questions. The WJ111 cognitive is used more here so it was new to me.

I can only assume they chose to with-hold the fsiq for reasons of their own.

Edited to remove the strangest auto correct stuff.

Last edited by puffin; 08/13/13 09:21 PM.
    M
    M
    The WPPSI4 has different subtests to the v3 (it does have some overlap but some are completely new or are similar to the WISC). When my DD did the WPPSI3 she had two 1.5 hr appointments, it wasn't fast, it was excruciatingly slow, AND often by the time she'd gotten to her level she was completely tuned out and more focused out the window than on the test, especially the cartoon based tests, which she did not care for at all. She found the SB5, with the routing questions, much easier going as it was done and dusted in 1hr.

H
    HelenC Offline OP
    OP Offline
    H
    Hi, the psychologist emailed me and said she accidentally omitted the fsiq which is 152. I think it was the full test. I'm not sure how long the test took because she also did one other test and drew a picture besides the wppsii, but all three took a little over an hour.

Last edited by HelenC; 08/13/13 07:48 PM.
    P
    P
    Cool. Well it looks like you have a highly gifted child with consistent scores. Others will be able to give you better advice especially those who live closer.

H
    HelenC Offline OP
    OP Offline
    H
    Thanks MumOfThree. Applying for DYS was not on my radar before, I was not expecting such high scores. Something to think about for later maybe.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent