Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    1 members (jaystormrage), 108 guests, and 42 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    jkeller, Alex Hoxdson, JPH, Alex011, Scotmicky12
    11,444 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    F
    F
    Which summer program? If you want to go to the Annual Summit I think you can still sign up. The Summer STARS program for your DS' age range was filled by lottery in November. DD is #3 on the wait list and I have heard nothing so I assume she won't be going.

Just FYI. If that is the program you want, no hurry on the IQ test. Good luck!

J
    Jeff Offline OP
    OP Offline
    J
    yes, the summit is the one he wants the most. Thank you for providing the insider info. Now just a matter of finding an IQ test provider, UC berkeley said between $700~3500, do the test provide enough information to justify the cost? DS has no social issues in school, even the math class does not seem to be too boring for him. He is well liked by peers and teachers, lunch issue also disappeared. If DYS' program(the summit, later ambassador, etc) are not accessible, does it still worth applying?

X
    X
    No, we are not in bay area. I submitted the qualified IQ & Achievement test for both DS10 last year and DD7 this year. They got in without further information asked by Davidson. I have the same feeling that IQ is necessary to get in at the young age. Your DS's SAT score is very impressive! If you check out the university nearby or gifted education center, they usually offer much cheaper IQ test. We use WISC as it is more recognizable in our area. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Jeff
    Thank you for your kind reply, Xiangbaobao. Are you in bay area? We got email from them at the beginning of this month. I guess the email account is fine. I guess we will have to wait for a few more days. We did not take the IQ test for a few reasons, his achievement score is very good, his teacher said that should be enough to convince any educators. We submitted a portfolio that is quite a few grades ahead. Any one has heard DYS acceptance without IQ score? Maybe we should do the IQ?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by SaturnFan - 05/22/24 08:50 AM
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    Classroom support for advanced reader
    by Xtydell - 05/15/24 02:28 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM