Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 117 guests, and 18 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #13997 04/17/08 11:06 AM
    Q
    OP Offline
    Q
    Looking at the acronyms on the Hoagies link, I found BIQ, the Beyond IQ conference. We could make it to Boston, and it looks interesting, and I wonder if we should attend. Also, what are your thoughts on bringing DS7, who knows he's smart, but not how smart. Thoughts? Thanks.

questions #14014 04/17/08 02:29 PM
    Q-

I'll be presenting there and it would be fun to meet you. I will have dd 8 and dd 3 with me- at least for one of the days. DS 11
    is in a play and will have to miss it. He feels bad, as he made a friend there last year who he'd like to see.

BIQ is a very laid back and casual style conference. Comfy clothes and not a suit to be seen anywhere, LOL! It has a very small and intimate feel. Parents are welcome to bring kids into their adult sessions as long as they are quiet. The children's activities are very unstructured and those who feel comfortable (not me, I'm afraid!) allow their kids to walk about the hotel independently. There are not a ton of kids there- under 50 last year, I would guess. I don't think the kids really talk about intelligence, but of course adults will be tossing around the G word all weekend.

Please ask away if you have other questions, Questions!

Lorel #14016 04/17/08 03:17 PM
    C
    cym Offline
    C
    Sounds cool--wish I were nearby enough to go. I enjoyed a SENG conference a few years ago, but thought I'd have more fun if I went with someone.

cym #14019 04/17/08 03:47 PM
    Q
    OP Offline
    Q
    Lorel,

I did see your name and I'd love to meet you. And I saw that you'd be running a couple of children's sessions. I think it might be nice for us to go so that DH can get his GT education from someone other than me. I've spent much too much time here - although since it's already been to DS's benefit, it's not too much in the scheme of things.

I saw last year's program and it looked great. We'll take a look at this year's again and I'll let you know.

And we're all for comfy clothes!

Thanks,

Q

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM