My daughter currently attends a progressive style school, based on Reggio Emilia philosophy of teaching & learning. This has been great for her as she has the social interaction of peers around her age, but she also gets to work on individual projects etc. This has worked really well so far, intellectually and socially. The school has been very supportive of her needs and abilities. It is also helped that they have level groupings, not individual years so there can be up to 3 ages in the one class.

We would love for her to continue at her current school, however it looks like we are moving to New York next year for work reasons. I have been researching similar philosophy schools like LREI, City & Country and Calhoun. I have emailed questions about their policy on gifted students etc, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience or knowledge about this. I see that NYC has gifted school programs, but I really think that the progressive education philosophy will suit her better.

Does anyone else send their gifted child to an alternative/progressive school? Has there been any major issues with it? Looking for any advice at this stage.

Thanks
Bassie