Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 141 guests, and 19 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
    #130714 05/29/12 05:46 PM
    Grinity Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Dear Ones,
    I'm taking steps to launch a website to bring my brainstorming abilities to the wider world of parents as a part time job.
    By wider world, I mean parents of gifted kids who would never imagine using the G word, and parents of bright and intellectually average kids.

The aim of the website is to help Parents help their kids to be successful at school.

Anyway - if anyone would be willing to write a testimonial that I can post, I'd sure appreciate it.

Post here or email to grinity@schoolsuccesssolutions.com

If anyone wants to help by sending a short question that I can answer at my website, that would also be very helpful in getting some info out of my head and written down.

Thanks in advance,
    Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    M
    M
    Hi Grinity,

Glad to help. That is a nice clean look on your web site.

I am not quite sure what you are looking for in terms of a testimonial, but here are some possible questions for your site:

1. How do I get my child interested in homework?
    2. Why does my bright child do so poorly at school?
    3. What are some online teaching supplements? (Khan Academy, Art of Problem Solving etc.)
    4. Once your site gets popular, you can have user reviews of local or national programs (Kumon, Russian Math in Massachusetts).

Hope this gets you started.

Grinity Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Thanks Mithawk!

H
    H
    Sounds like a great idea, Grinity.

How about . . .

What are some challenging but age-appropriate books for advanced younger readers?

I'll put together a testimonial when I get a spare moment. Do you want more general, anonymous types of questions, or questions like you'd see in an advice column, tied to a person's specific situation?

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick
    Grinity:
    I think I need a little more info. The posts you've written here on the forum have been tremendously helpful to me in my G/T journey, and you've given me invaluable personal advice. So I could go on all day. smile

But so that it's the right kind of testimonial, can you give me a little more of an overview. Is it a site where you'll be blogging on topics, spurred on by some of these questions? Or is it more of a one on one event, like consulting? both?

You have such a vast knowledge and a remarkable ability to sift through the emotional and get to the facts that I so enjoy reading your responses to questions and concerns. Your responses are direct and thought provoking and never condescending or rude. I certainly would look forward to seeing your creativity and wealth of knowledge on a website that is easily accessable. Best wishes for a successful launch!

Grinity Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Originally Posted by happyreader
    Sounds like a great idea, Grinity.

How about . . .

What are some challenging but age-appropriate books for advanced younger readers?
    Thanks HappyReader - I dedicate the most recent post to you! Yippee!
    Grinity

Grinity Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Originally Posted by Iucounu
    I'll put together a testimonial when I get a spare moment. Do you want more general, anonymous types of questions, or questions like you'd see in an advice column, tied to a person's specific situation?
    Thanks Iucounu. ((great big smile)) I think I'd do better with advice column, because specific situations seem to inspire me the most!

B
    B
    I want to write a testimonial but will need more time, you have been tremendously helpful. Not only with info, but also with the feeling that you are not alone, both myself and my ds.

For know I think a general good question/discussion(if blog) could be, Can my child be gifted and not be achieving well/behaving well at school? Or have trouble fitting in with other students or even the teachers? The posters on this board will of coarse know this could be true, but for parents just beginning to experience these difficulties at school a discussion(along with references and links) on the reasons for this could be very informative and helpful. There are so many reasons you could maybe even organize them into categories such as problems with academic fit, intensity temperaments, 2E issues, WISC info, etc. This was written very quick so please excuse any errors. I just wanted to show my support and state some "brainstorming"
    ideas. Also comparing how a good educational fit can help the student.

Another suggestion, what about e-mailing the specific posters on this board that you have answered their specific questions and ask if you can post their question on your new site?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by indigo - 04/30/24 12:27 AM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM