Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 135 guests, and 15 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    HURRRAH! Kriston, I am so excited for you! I'm sure you'll find a publisher, and I hope it happens soon!

K
    K
    Well, addiction loves company! That game is seriously hard to turn off! I think I'm going to have to use a timer for myself with it. DS is already researching Beyond the Sword, so thanks for the review (I think! As if we need another excuse to play this game.).

And good for you for staying away! Congrats again! smile

Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Well, kimck, it helps that I OD'd on Civ over spring break. blush

DH and his family took the kids virtually the entire week, and I was supposed to be writing that whole time. Well, I did pretty well most days, so Civ was my reward for my work. I did take one day off and just play though (she said sheepishly...)

I obssess on Civ for a while, then I get worn out on it and quit for a long stretch, especially when i have work to do. But I always come back to my beloved game! I have for something like 17 years, since my roommate's boyfriend introduced me to it back in 1991.

Sad, huh? No escape! And I still only play at a fairly low level or I get killed off fast. Also sad...

And Questions, thanks for the (free, no strings attached, completely nonbinding) advice about the copyright. Good to know! I appreciate that! smile

Kriston
    Q
    Q
    yea, advice worth what you paid for it smile

Just figure it puts you in a good position when all of a sudden you read that one of the major studios is developing a film very similar to your book. Nice to have that copyright registration on file...

Who here are you going to cast to star in the film? Am I jumping ahead? LOL!

Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    I haven't thought much about the film stars, since the hot, young things in Hollywood by that point will probably be very different than they are now. I'm open to suggestions...I need an adolescent heroine, a young-20s red-headed hero, and a young-20s bad guy, who must be darkly and sexually menacing. Thoughts on casting? Also, who should direct a Norse/Viking story focused on the home life of a young girl, but a life filled with love, jealousy, violence, tragedy, and sex?

One thing is for sure: George Clooney will be producing. At least, that's my fantasy.

A funny: when my DH heard that Gorgeous-George was my pick for producer, he balked, since he knows George is really my only famous-person crush. On that joke-list of the 10 people who you can have a free pass to have an affair with, mine is all Clooney, all the time! laugh

So when I said George would produce, DH said, "Not Clooney! No! If he's part of the deal, then we can't take it. We have to say no!" mad

I laughed--A LOT!--since he was acting like it was a real deal with a real existence in real life.

My reply? "Honey? I haven't finished the book. There's no deal. Relax!"

At least I know he has faith in my abilities, right? If he's so threatened by my imaginary friend producer! ROFL!

Kriston
    LOL laugh

Ann Offline
    Originally Posted by Kriston
    I haven't thought much about the film stars, since the hot, young things in Hollywood by that point will probably be very different than they are now. I'm open to suggestions...I need an adolescent heroine, a young-20s red-headed hero, and a young-20s bad guy, who must be darkly and sexually menacing. Thoughts on casting? Also, who should direct a Norse/Viking story focused on the home life of a young girl, but a life filled with love, jealousy, violence, tragedy, and sex?

Kriston - thanks for the open invite to stray OT. I'm looking forward to making casting suggestions. grin

Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    I'm looking forward to reading the suggestions.

<rubbing palms together with greedy glee!>

Kriston
    Colin Farrell for the villian? Oh yeah baby!!!!

Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Interesting...

Colin Farrell might be TOO sexy though! LOL! She has to want *not* to wind up with the guy.

And did I mention that the bad guy character's name is Filth-Eyolf? As in "Filthy Eyolf"? So he has to be pretty gross in his way, too.

It's not an easy one to cast, I'm afraid.

Also, did I mention that the hero has an affair, but is still the hero?

Yes, it's a complicated story...

Kriston
    Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM