Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 357 guests, and 13 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Q
    Q
    The website for our talent search indicates "by March 27, 2012," but we have yet to see the scores. It's amazing to me that it would take this long when there is no essay involved and therefore no personal grading requried.

C
    C
    My son's report arrived today. I live in northwest Colorado.

E
    E
    I got my 5th grader back today.We live in Alabama. He had a 14 composite score, 16 English (92% in Rhetorical section),12 Mathematics, 13 Reading, and 14 Science.

The fact that he is in the public school system in Alabama and they do not have a gifted program, makes me very happy he made these scores.

Bill

E
    E
    We recieved our 5th graders scores yesterday. He had a 14 composite, 16 English, 12 Math, 15 Reading, and 13 Science. He was in the 69 % in English and 92% in Rhetorical.

I know these are not the type of scores that blow people out of the water, but he is in the Alabama public school system! We dont really have a gifted program in the area. I plan on using the evaulation to help him improve. The fact he is a straight A student and was offered this oppurtunity makes me extremly proud.

Bill

Q
    Q
    We finally got our reports from ACT late last week. It's funny that the report was actually dated March 27, 2012.

M
    M
    we're still waiting for ours... anyone in NC get them yet?

In NC and scores came on 4/6.

Long wait . . . . . hopefully yours are coming soon.

D
    D
    argh--still waiting! I am just so curious to see how she did this year as compared to last year! Dd took it through Duke TIP, but it would be sent to FL before forwarded to GA b/c they have our old address. Hopefully soon!

J
    J
    It took forever to get DS2's EXPLORE scores from Jan 2012 test, so good luck getting your DD's scores!

DS2 took EXPLORE thru Duke TIP we but hadn't heard Boo from them (only from ACT w/EXPLORE results - after much waiting) so I called Duke last week to see if, by chance, DS2 would get any sort of award/recognition/whatever for his scores. I recalled that the year DS1 took the ACT in 7th, there was a state award at our flagship and a national award ceremony at Duke (which DS1 didn't make cut-off for). DS1 hadn't taken EXPORE (we'd never heard of it) so I had no frame-of-reference.

When I spoke w/Duke, the lady told me there was no national award ceremony - nor had there ever been, for EXPLORE OR Talent ID Program at 7th - but that DS2 would be invited to a state ceremony in early June. I could have sworn there was a national award ceremony, so there goes my memory I guess. The Duke TIP lady did say that TIP was still waiting on ACT scores from Feb so they could calcuate overall top EXPLORE performers & send them letters, but that DS2 would make the cut-off, so we should plan on a June ceremony at our flagship. My impression is that some of you who w/ kids taking EXPLORE thru other talent search programs get more info/have more info/have info sooner than thru Duke TIP frown

X
    X
    I got ours in the end of Feb from online toolbox. Then a couple of days later I got the mail from ACT.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by indigo - 05/01/24 05:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by indigo - 04/30/24 12:27 AM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM