Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 323 guests, and 11 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    M
    OP Offline
    M
    Did anyone get EXPLORE score for Feb 18, 2012?

Last edited by MidwestDad; 03/27/12 08:26 AM.
    D
    D
    They told me it will be available first week of April.

DeeDee

A
    A
    My math says they should be in the NUMATS toolbox this coming Saturday. (Assuming identical processing time as the January sitting.)

M
    M
    I was wondering the same thing, as our daughter took it Feb 18 also - this is our first year with the test so I didn't know how timely the release is? Weirdly we have gotten a mailing from NUMATS with a sticker on the front stating something like - "your child's scores qualifies them for these programs" so it at least appears the scores are out there somewhere, just not in my hands! Or do they just send these flyers out to everyone for the gifted learning links programs?

M
    M
    We took it through Duke TIP, and somewhere in the literature it stated results would be sent out by mail March 28. I'm still watching the box though just in case they come early.

M
    OP Offline
    M
    I think that the flyer is just commercial stuff.

B
    B
    If you have your logon info, you might try going online to the child's account. This was last year, but I'm pretty sure my memory is that my DD's scores were there before they came in the mail. But maybe not that far head (a few days, maybe a week?) Anyway it might be worth a try.

D
    D
    Originally Posted by mn28
    Weirdly we have gotten a mailing from NUMATS with a sticker on the front stating something like - "your child's scores qualifies them for these programs" so it at least appears the scores are out there somewhere, just not in my hands! Or do they just send these flyers out to everyone for the gifted learning links programs?

That happened to me, too: it's why I asked them directly what was up. Apparently they send the flyer to everyone. But yes, the sticker was disconcerting...

DeeDee

M
    M
    I was hoping the flyer wasn't just blasted out to everyone otherwise we may have gotten our daughter's hopes up about taking some of their courses; due to our inexperience we were already looking through picking out on-line courses with our daughter. Then later I read the initial materials from NUMATS in the 2012 student guide that said "Students who have the following minimum scores will also receive a copy of CTD's summer program and/or Gifted LearningLinks brochures, which contain information about applying for these programs: Explore English 20, Explore Reading 18, Explore Math 18, Explore Science 20."

So I didn't realize until then that you needed minimum scores to qualify for the programs. It would seem lame to me to send brochures with a sticker on it that says "your child's score qualifies!" when it doesn't? So hopefully it actually does smile.

C
    C
    I think you should be able to get NUMATS scores off their website. We were able to access Jan scores on the web two weeks before we received in the mail. Plus, the Jan scores have been updated about the award ceremony. So, I'd think the Feb scores would have been processed by now too.

Warning: sleep deprived
    Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by indigo - 05/01/24 05:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by indigo - 04/30/24 12:27 AM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs