Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 90 guests, and 17 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    MyModalert, miappaa, Brooklyn, hellotoyou, polles
    11,456 Registered Users
    June
    S M T W T F S
    2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    16 17 18 19 20 21 22
    23 24 25 26 27 28 29
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Q
    OP Offline
    Q
    DS8 & DD8 took the explore through CMITES (Carnegie Mellon) last month. I think we are supposed to get the scores directly from the ACT/Explorer people soon. I don't remember what I filled out, but I had to provide the school information and I seem to recall something about sending a copy to the school. Does anyone know/remember if the score report is automatically sent to the school or if that would have involved some affirmative action when I initially signed up? Do the reports for all the talent searches get processed at the same time or is there a pecking order?

My dd took Explore through Duke TIP. We were sent 2 copies of her scores with instructions to keep one and share the other with the school for her record.

C
    C
    You had to request them to send a copy to the school. If you remember looking up the schools code they probably sent one to the school

Q
    OP Offline
    Q
    Thanks for the replies. I guess if I get two copies in the mail, then it will be obvious that a copy was not sent to the school. We barely made the registration deadline and I was in a hurry and trying to do ten thousand things at the same time so my memory is rather vague.

M
    M
    I guess if I get two copies in the mail, then it will be obvious that a copy was not sent to the school.

I wouldn't necessarily assume so. We did NUMATS, not CMITES, but we received two copies in the mail. However, when I was chatting with the person at NUMATS this morning, she actually pulled up my son's scores and mentioned that the school would be sent a copy. I was surprised - we didn't sign up through the school and I don't even remember putting any number in, but it was there in the toolbox (at the bottom of his scores). They are pretty friendly and chatty at NUMATS - I mentioned that we had no "coordinator" and I didn't think anyone else had taken the test from our school, but she looked it up and confirmed that the principal would be the recipient and he could access everything in my son's toolbox. It's weird - I assume that I MUST have given them that information (how else would they have it) but I'm honestly surprised. With my older kids' SAT/ACT scores, we never sent automatically, in case a test went poorly.

Q
    OP Offline
    Q
    I guess it doesn't really matter whether they send the Explore report or not. I highly doubt anyone else at the school took Explore as it is not offered by a local talent search and I just can't imagine the school administration actually poring over the Score Interpretation Guide.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Orange County (California) HG school options?
    by Otters - 06/09/24 01:17 PM
    Chicago suburbs - private VS public schools
    by indigo - 06/08/24 01:02 PM
    Mom in hell, please help
    by indigo - 06/08/24 01:00 PM
    Justice sensitivity in school / DEI
    by indigo - 06/06/24 05:58 AM
    11-year-old earns associate degree
    by indigo - 05/27/24 08:02 PM