Luckily they do allow her to check out chapter books and as far as I can tell as many as they want? They did pull her out for reading last year, but this year they are trying to just differentiate in the classroom. So, luckily the meeting with the principal went REALLY well. She said they've had DD targeted and have been watching her for the gifted program and she'd be surprised if they didn't test her by the end of the year. They prefer to wait until age 8/3rd grade, so they are super careful about who they'll test in first grade. She said they do team meetings once per month and her name comes up a lot. Lucky for me, they are meeting tomorrow! Which makes me so happy b/c I feel like our meeting will be top of mind. She wants to look at a subject acceleration to second grade for reading and some other pull-outs, which will be great. I told her that DD doesn't want to do packets in the corner when her teacher is doing a fun puppet show for the kids, and she agreed, who could blame her!? She's 6 -- and the youngest in the class at that! She said she could go out to the computer lab and work on Study Island and some of those resources instead of being relegated to the corner. : ) So that is good. She actually had lots of good ideas! So she will be in touch after they meet and I am just hoping for the best!

Last edited by Artsmartmom; 11/01/11 09:37 AM.