Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    1 members (Val), 215 guests, and 21 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
    OP Offline
    So, right now I'm watching a show on tattooing and it struck me that DD8, who is very artistically inclined, would probably make an excellent tattoo artist. I could totally see her owning her own parlor or being in high demand as an artist.

For these kids to be successful and happy, we have to release our preconceived notions of what success is and help our children overcome that as well, right? I don't want to be like my parents, who pushed me towards traditional careers, instead of urging me to follow my passion (which I finally have). And there are so many amazing people who never "fit the mold".

What outrageous or non traditional career do you think your kids would be great at?

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...
    I think DD9 would make an excellent bartender. She is a great listener and very empathetic, necessary as bartenders end up listening to a lot of sad life stories. I often thought she would make a great therapist, but her ADHD makes her unable to sit still. At least at a bar she could move around and mix drinks while she listened, LOL!

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. — L.M. Montgomery
    D
    D
    Demolition worker. At least, that's what he likes to do to my house every morning.

C
    C
    Dd11 is an aspiring Hollywood Make-up artist.

DW and I have long suspected DD6 would be a natural fit as a fashion designer, since she's always had her own sense of style. But when she was four she asked me to add "Little Rock Star" to her extensive list of nicknames.

We're supporting her passion. She's got a small drum kit, keyboard, and guitar, and she's taking lessons on the last one.

A
    A
    we just told DD8 yesterday that she would be a big hit in the circus with her own Trained Hamster routine! She has this dwarf hamster and sets up elaborate scenes with her Littlest Petshop & Polly Pocket playset! Poor Fluffy goes down the slide, over a bridge, on a swing, on a tetter-totter, gets weighed and examined in the doctor set! here is the set up she is using today lol
    DD's hamster circus
    and Fluffy after "the bridge"
    the Amazing Fluffy
    *note: DD doesn't have 3 arms, she has a friend next to her lol Otherwise she'd have more circus opportunities available to her!

Actually we live in a circusy town and she may try to join the kids circus, maybe start with camp this summer. It's really cool!

Last edited by AntsyPants; 10/11/11 08:10 AM. Reason: fix links
    L
    L
    That is so cute, AntsyPants!

A
    A
    My DD plans to be an inventor, and to be equal partners with her BFF (who is an amazing artist, and will be the one who gets the ideas down on paper) and a yet-to-be-determined person with the skills to mock up prototypes.

DD10 - comedian except he doesn't like being on stage - class clown however makes him right at home ;-)

DD9 - roller derby diva - LOTS of attitude!

A
    A
    Originally Posted by Breakaway4
    DD9 - roller derby diva - LOTS of attitude!

I did roller derby, what you need more than attitude is good medical insurance!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by indigo - 04/30/24 12:27 AM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM