Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 312 guests, and 22 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    A
    OP Offline
    A
    Looks like he can take it next month (Nov) or January or Feb. From the way I see it results don't get posted until Spring no matter when you take it so why take it so early?

Is there any reason to test early or wait a few months (won't he be 4 months smarter in Feb? lol) Do they base the results on age, ie: He'll be 10.6 in november, 10.9 in Feb. or just group them all as "5th Graders". I am sure there are some 11 year olds in his class already!

The deadline to register for the first test is tomorrow so trying to decide.

My dd11 took it last year. I offered her a choice of dates and locations that I was willing to take her to. She chose to take the February test and it worked out well. This year, she will take the January test since the site is just around the corner (so no getting up too early!). I don't think it makes any difference to wait or not to wait, unless you have a child who will worry about it until it's over, then I would go for the earliest test.

A
    OP Offline
    A
    thanks! no he doesn't worry, he enjoys testing and doesn't take it too seriously.

A
    OP Offline
    A
    Oh brother, i see the closest testing places are an hour and a half away! what are they crazy??

It was an hour and a half for us last year, but DD also loves to be tested, so for her it was just part of the adventure. I am pleased that this time we have a close option at a familiar setting...DD couldn't care less. smile

R
    R
    The downside that I found with February testing was that it is in the middle of flu season. If you end up with a sick child on the day of the test there is no other testing window. I did wonder if the norms changed between the November and the January testing window.

A
    OP Offline
    A
    i will talk to him and see if he's into it. he was into the SCAT but it was 5 minutes away. If we travel to it maybe i can find something fun in the area and make a day of it.

Anyone know how long the test is?

D
    D
    Originally Posted by revmom
    The downside that I found with February testing was that it is in the middle of flu season. If you end up with a sick child on the day of the test there is no other testing window. I did wonder if the norms changed between the November and the January testing window.

Flu vaccine!

R
    R
    Flu vaccine or not, it is possible to get the flu.

Last edited by revmom; 10/12/11 06:26 PM.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM
    2e & long MAP testing
    by millersb02 - 05/10/24 07:34 AM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets