Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 341 guests, and 11 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    O
    OP Offline
    O
    Do you do anything special the last week of summer vacation right before school starts?

We don't have any traditions, except making sure clothes and supplies are ready. Knowing our time is limited makes me want to do a bit more with kids. We plan to go to the beach, which is always relaxing and fun. I love to build sand castles.

We also need to start getting up earlier. Ugh. I think it's the hardest for me.

F
    F
    Our tradition is to go to the indoor waterpark the weekend before school. They usually have an awesome deal that includes 2 days of waterpark and a night in the hotel. The kids love it. Also, the first day of school, the kids get to pick what we have for dinner.

This week (DD7 starts second grade on Wednesday and DD5 starts kinder a week from tomorrow), we will start waking up earlier and retrn to school bedtimes.

T
    T
    We just spend it preparing normally because the kids have a busy summer all the way up to that point ( their summer ends here first week of august though )

The indoor water park for a day or so sounds like a great tradition!

When I was a kid, we always made homemade ice cream in our backyard.

We had an old, hand-cranked ice cream maker and the top always wanted to pop off so my brother and I would take turns sitting on it while dad cranked away. It was a fun way to stay cool...since September in California is still very hot.

I miss that ice cream.

We have birthdays that week... DD and DS are only 5 days apart. Between parties, presents, school supplies and registration for activities, we have no money left to do anything 'fun'. We always try to have a beach day right before school, but with all the recent great white shark sightings in our area we may stick to the grandparents pool!

Last edited by kathleen'smum; 08/22/11 02:57 PM. Reason: comma overusage, to the disdain of my sister the editor.

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. — L.M. Montgomery

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by SaturnFan - 05/15/24 04:25 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by SaturnFan - 05/15/24 04:14 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM