I know! I am being told that we signed up for dual, and that's what the focus is - becoming bilingual and that the math challenge will come as he gets older!

The problem in the class is the language. If fact DS8 said the only difficulty he had was once in a while, he didn't know the spanish word for some computation.

Even so, this isn't DS8's problem. He computes FINE in class and remains one of the more fluent Anglo students. In response to the school saying he'll miss this ever-so-important Spanish time, I reminded them that he missed 4 hours a week last year when I HS him.

They then take me in a different direction!!

*SIGH* There is no subject acceleration... so, armed with his WISC & W/J scores, here is my plan:

1. 1 morning/week HS
2. I am going to see if I can be IN the classroom 1x/week.
3. Have math extensions for him the other days (coordinated with what teacher is teaching)
4. If teacher HAS to, pretest him with HARDEST 4 problems before he has to sit through her lecture/handouts.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please chime in!

As other posts have indicated, with other students as well, my son is losing so much of his enthusiasm for school. He's so gregarious, a great leader, high energy and these behaviors don't translate to accepting teachers...