My DD8 recently took the last set of Scantron Performance Series test in 3rd Grade. Has anyone else had experience with this test? Our school has replaced the CoGAT with this series. It may be similar to the STAR test. DD has been grade skipped once already and the scores and percentile ratings are based on grade (not age). Her GT teacher had suggested another grade skip or telescoping in math.

In Math, she seemed to stall out in the Winter 2010 test. SPS is an adaptive test and the Fall 2010 scores had a grade equivalent of 5.3, so that would be the assumed level that the next round of testing began. Is it typical for gifted kids to �stall out� if they are not exposed to new material?

Then comes the Reading portion�DD has always been a strong reader, but has some comprehension issues. I�m hoping someone here can help me with the interpretation. If the adaptive test starts at the grade level equivalent of the last test, would the next test be harder and result in lower scores? I�ve spoken with my DD�s school, but they don�t have a strong understanding of the tests either.

Again, DD seemed to stall out at certain levels of the tests, and I am wondering if this is related to the lack of exposure of teaching at that grade level. Does anyone have any comments or feedback? Thank you.