Oh my, you are bringing back memories of my own schooling. I refused to hand in any work in Yr9 history. I was bored and hated the teacher and felt the course was racist and sexist. Ironically the F I earned that term is the only time in my schooling career that I can remember my mother sitting me on her knee and telling me how proud she was of my grades (because I had taken on the school over something I believed in). But I look back and I am sure if I had not been bored and/or the teacher not a jerk I probably would have just sucked it up and kept my A average...

In my case though, when I was sent to the principle to be told off and replied that the course was racist and sexist and I wasn't going to do it, they couldn't really argue with my reasoning as it really was an appalling course. So I got sent off to the library to do a special project for the rest of the term and that was that. I never saw the teacher again and I returned to meekly getting good grades there after. I have no idea what my parents would have done if I had pulled the same stunt over being bored in maths (which was also incredibly boring).