some back ground first: Ds is 9 the same age as a 3rd grader. Last year and beginning of this school year he was in a virtual public school. He was working on a Pre-Alg. level in math and 5th grade for language and literature. For personal reasons we had to put him into a local public school. They put him into ALL 4th grade math. He has asked for challenging math and was denied. My husband and I have been trying to advocate for him but elementary school principal doesn't want to do anything, believes he is being challenged.

This morning I was called by the principal. She said ds wasn't doing his math packet nor anything else in class. Teacher told him to start on it several times and he didn't. She then told him he was going to the principal's office and he feel into the floor and through a hissy fit. He is now in the office with 3 days of in school suspension for choosing not to do his work.

We are hoping that ds will get challened not year b/c it is too late to do anything this year. We have talked with superintendent and asst. superintendent and they both agree he needs to be challenged and that it is to late this year.

Any suggestions on what we can do this year?

Kathy-Texas