Oh Jules, we aren't that formal around here!

You must be so frustrated by this point. I would call the private school one more time, and ask them to bump him up to the top of the waitlist given the mix up with the scores. Also see if they would put him also on the waitlist for the grade higher, so that if a spot opens there he maybe could take that spot. Seriously, as gifted as they are, I don't think they are teaming with kids with your son's LOG.

It may not work, but with things the way they are, 1st on the waitlist is very often good enough - September 2012 is a long way away.

Second, have you checked in with the HEROs organization?
Mission | HEROESgifted
Higher Education, Resources and Opportunities for Exceptional Scholars ("HEROES") is committed to supporting the educational, social and emotional development of ...

heroesgifted.org

I would apply to DYS right now-today - with the info you have, and continue on with the planned tests, just in case it's needed.

I would talk to someone at HEROs about recomendations for hireing a lawyer or psychologist to come to the public school and do the advocacy with you - never underestimate the power of a suit. Enough is enough!

Smiles,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com