Just to add: we live in a small town, with just three options: the public school, the private school, and the really intense and sports maniacal boarding school where the academics would be appropriate but the social situation would not.

DD is in public elementary that ends in 5th grade, so she just has another couple months there. Public middle school is 6-8th. The private school is K-6th and then 7-12th is right across the street.

When we had gone to the private school open house we had asked about what the situation would be if our youngest DS7 went to school there in 6th grade (we like his current school) since he is subject accelerated, and they said they would work with us and that walking over to the 7-12th campus would be a possiblity, as would just having a teacher teach him 7th grade math while he was in the 6th grade classroom. They seemed willing to work with us. But, alas, we didn't ask about our DD because we thought that she wouldn't need this.

The new school doesn't have DD's records yet so they don't really know much about her. The know her brother, but, like I said, they are so completely different that I know she will suprise them.

It seems like you guys are saying we should at least ask them to assess her and see what they say. And I guess what we need to do is try to get a hold of all her records (testing, etc.) and see if we can have a sit down. Thanks for the nudge!

Last edited by mnmom23; 04/11/11 11:05 AM.

She thought she could, so she did.