My FIL has been fighting leukemia over the past year and just last week he lost his battle. We went up for the funeral and the kids mostly seemed to handle it fine. We are Christian and so we talk about how his spirit is now free from his sick body and that he is happy in heaven. But since we've been back my DS5 has been crazy... Totally crazy. He's lost control of his body physically... He's all over the place, can't sit in a chair, runs into things, flings his body into things, and stands on his head. And he's emotionally flipped - cries easily, whines often, very rigid in his "rules", and throws some good tantrums when upset. It's all stuff that we've seen before, but he's really calmed down and gained control of himself over the last 6 months or so, until now.

So my hypothesis is the is overexcitabilities kicked into overdrive because of anxiety and emotions. But, what can I do? How can I help him? I think he must have so much going on in his head, but I don't know the best ways to get him to understand what he's feeling and get him to talk about it. Once he talks about it, what can I say or do to help him? I sure love my boy. I feel bad for him and I feel so lost.