I'm going to agree with Dottie here. My dd12 had very few years where she was actually taught anything in elementary school yet she still had very high achievement scores, particularly in reading/writing. Language arts seems to be an area where a gifted child should make progress regardless of instruction just due to reading on his/her own. Math, from what I've seen with my girls, may or may not be an area where achievement is on par with ability in the absense of instruction.

My one child whose achievement has rarely matched her ability has ADD and an anxiety disorder and simply doesn't like to read so she hasn't always progressed as much in the LA area when the instruction is lacking. I do think that poor instruction can hinder performance, but there sounds like there might be something more going on here.

eta: I wouldn't worry about her FSIQ not crossing that 130 mark. With her processing speed being where it was, the tester should have figured a GAI instead of FSIQ, which I suspect would have crossed the 130 mark. Dottie can get you the exact # for GAI.

Last edited by Cricket2; 04/09/11 06:28 AM.