There are a set of workbooks called "Math Minutes" that we tried out last summer and really liked. We personally used the 3rd grade one so we can't speak to earlier levels per se, but I know that they have a "First-Grade Math Minutes." What's nice about it is that each page is designed to be completed in just one minute and each page has a variety of topics, which is nice for a child who doesn't need a lot of repitition or for a child who would get bored working on the same topic through an entire page. Personally, we didn't adhere to the 1 minute idea -- we just let our DS work at his own pace and do as many pages as he wanted to. So, for DS, it was enjoyable and taught him a broad range of skills. Oh, I should mention: the pages don't do any teaching of new skills. It's designed as practice of existing skills. But, when my DS didn't know how to do something (since he was working in a book that was two years above his grade level), it was very easy for me to take a few minutes to explain how to do it or explain the idea behind it.

HTH!

Last edited by mnmom23; 04/07/11 09:08 AM. Reason: grammar

She thought she could, so she did.