hello everyone, a brief update here (I also posted another update in more detail in another thread I started a long time ago). My son did get an Asperger's diagnosis and since then I've thrown myself in to learning all about it, 2E kids, etc. My husband has since been diagnosed and my daughter too and I am fairly Aspie myself. It's been a great journey discovering more about who I am and why and what I was like as a child (highly gifted with no nurturing whatsoever, which has led to long term confidence, perfectionism, etc issues-- I'm like a walking textbook definition of what happens to gifted girls that are ignored!)

We are having a great time homeschooling and my son is making amazing progress, both with academics and other areas. I'm not really interested in getting him assessed again with WISC now, we'll just happily sail along as we have been. I'm quite certain (and his 2E tutor too) that he would easily score in the exceptionally gifted range but I don't need a test to prove that as it wouldn't really change anything for us.

I was told by the person who did the WPPSI that yes he did hit the ceiling on a few of the subtests and that his 'sillyness' during matrix reasoning lowered that score.

Thank you to everyone who had responded to me smile