thank you everyone! Yep I know I know it's just a number but I did feel a bit like it wasn't 'accurate' given that my son wasn't answering properly-- I know this is common and I anticipated him being a little uncooperative at times resulting in a lower score but I know it's still a great score and that he can do things like matrix reasoning quite well despite the low score.

The psychologist who did the testing and report is not the same one we are seeing for the Aspergers assessment (the psychologist doing the assessment got her colleague to perform the WPPSI-III so I'm mildly unhappy that I won't be seeing the testing psychologist again to ask her questions).

I don't know why the test score had the +/-6, initially I thought because the tester knew my son wasn't answering on purpose and that he'd score lower because of it, but then why add in the -6? He certainly didn't make any lucky guesses!

Dottie, thanks for explaining about Coding and Symbol Search. I was quite stunned to see how fast my son was doing those, with the accuracy. I was very proud of him because he was happy with his work, in fact when the timer stopped he insisted on finishing smile