I think is the video. Michael Clay Thompson has a English cirriculum. I'm not saying you should get that program. I am posting a link to his sales pitch because he makes a very good point that gifted children should be taught formal writing because otherwise they're stuck trying to communicate big ideas with baby words, how disheartening after a certain age. This struck a chord with me because I have drastically relocated several times in my life and have learned a new pattern of speech, say from the north to the south, and it's hard to express yourself if you only have words for 35% of what you're thinking and of what you're thinking. People who can't draw complain that their hands can't do what their mind imagined. Back to the language. When I moved one time as a kid they complained I sounded too much like an encyclopedia, when I moved another place they marveled at the southern speech. Those were relatively easy adjustments to make. Now I'm on the border or Mexico where everybody was raised bilingual. There's more Spanish radio than rock or country, etc. I never join in the Spanish conversations in a group. I use Spanish if I have to because conversational Spanish is nothing like book Spanish. My neighbor heard me using Spanish talking to an old man and she told me I sounded like I was talking to a toddler. Well, it's the best I can do. I can say what I need to say, but I can't say everything I think about.

"th importance of formal writing lessons for gt kids."
Excuse me, "Grammer is cool"

Actually I am just getting over my analysis paralysis and using Spanglish how everybody else does anyway. I'm saying whatever I want in English and just casually throwing in a Spanish phrase here or there like it naturally goes there. You would not believe my reluctance unless you realized at 30 yrs old I'm forced to sound like a toddler if I want to talk. I think I'm finally on the positive side of this particular Dabrowski re-orginization. I even answered the hubby's phone the other day saying "Bueno." instead of "Hello." the other day, making his friend think he dialed the wrong number. Lolol.ha-ha

Anyway that's how it feels when people notice how you say it and ignore what you are saying.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar