Kiddo has been in the (very) local media this week for an award, but we are hoping it will stay out of the city paper. I'm not very comfortable with having her picture, name, and school all in the same place - okay with the internet it is inevitable. But she is still only 8 - for a few more weeks at least. There's plenty of time to get written up in the paper for all the fabulous scholarship she is doing later - like at least in the double digits.

Then yesterday dd was out at a local library for an period clothing dress up event where a different suburban press reporter took a lot of photographs of dd and asked dh for consent after. DH politely said it was okay to print the pictures without her name, or her name without the pictures. His reaction might have been different, if the other article hadn't just come out. The reporter went away peeved and muttering. Oh well.

I guess we don't think dd needs to be in the press, unless it is going to significantly benefit a program she is participating in and isn't going to mention the PGness. It does make me wonder how other parents of gifties deal with this issue. I know DYS has some guidelines that I think are very reasonable. What do others think/handle this?

Warning: sleep deprived