Originally Posted by Jedsmum
"From all the reading I have done in the last few days the message I'm getting is that they should be at their academic level with accomodations for their disability and not the other way around,"
That's the same thing I keep reading, which makes sense if you think about it.
There's a mother here who has mentioned her son's dyspraxia recently. �Hopefully she'll see this thread and offer some personal suggestions. �Besides that here's the Database link. �I just looked it up. �They did all that work compiling resources and they know what they're talking about.� http://www.davidsongifted.org/db/Articles_id_10571.aspx.

I keep seeing a post about a 2e newsletter. �That should be some cheer and wisdom sent right to your inbox. �
I'm sorry to hear that you first trusted someone who dropped the ball. �I'm glad you found when you did. �definitely definitely talk through the advocacy process here. �It's not just venting, it's brainstorming. �You just never know what someone may help you with, and you don't know who you're helping by sharing your story. �
And now that you say it that way, I looked up dyspraxia. �It's a physical disease. �What is the lady suggesting, that you send him back to kindergarten so he can practice writing enough like education is going to cure a medical condition?

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar