Great responses! Thank you for sharing!

La Texican, I remember DD walking into the house when she was 1 or 2 years old and immediately be able to tell you if something changed. �Why did the pictures change places? Where did this toy go?� When she was 2, at Christmas I was adding a thing or two per day as I pulled them from storage. Without fail, she noticed everything even down to a miniature Santa and Mrs. Claus that I had placed in the back of a curio cabinet. If I changed nothing that day, she would not say anything.

Nautigal, you made an interesting comment about memory fading with time. I have noticed some fading as well, but most of it seems to be predicated on interest level. DD started playing piano a year ago and she could play by memory after playing the song once or twice. However, if she doesn�t like the song or if it is really difficult to where she has to concentrate on one bar at a time, it typically takes her longer to memorize. She still retains her earlier memory pieces. Her piano teacher says she is a child with many hidden talents.

My DD would also request songs on CD by track and number and has everyone�s birthday memorized. At the age of 3, we started buying DD her very own calendar because she was so obsessed with dates. She will also be able to refer to the picture on the calendar based on the month. (X�s birthday is in December and has the picture of the puppy in the candy cane jar.) Some of the things she comes up with will totally blow me away!

DD also started reading at the age of 3 and was able to process words in chunks. We did Hooked on Phonics which she blew through and then went on the Master Reader. She memorizes words for spelling tests upon sight, but doesn�t always remember the harder reading passages. I�m guessing if she has to slow down and concentrate word for word, the memory slips.

Blob, it is strange that you mention that he doesn�t remember what he had for breakfast. My DD has trouble remembering what she had for lunch sometimes too!