Originally Posted by Cecilia
We had a meeting about subject accelerating him. We eventually all agreed that if the school could provide one on one mentoring and tutoring during the school day, that would be even more ideal. That decision was made over a month ago and we are STILL waiting. In the meantime, he gets out of regular classes a few times a week for g/t. The principal is trying...The tutor he had set up ended up on an extended vacation. Supposingly, a couple of high-ability highschool seniors are going to be coming to pull him out. I'm waiting to see how this all pans out.
This is why full skip (if possible) is better than single subject is better than tutoring/mentoring/in class differentiation. Even if the single subject skip is less individually taylored, it's also much less likely to actually happen on a consistient enough basis. What about subject acceleration PLUS tutoring/mentoring/in-class differentiation?
I think it's time to call the school and say "While I agree that one-to-one solutions might be ideal, we need the immediacy and consistience of single subject accleration." If you can get to the principle directly by phone, she might agree to a trial subject accleration 'for now' with the other parts of the puzzle to be added as they become availible. This is one of those situations where the school 'needs to know how much you care' more than how much you know, so if you feel tears coming (and I do) then let them flow in front of the decision makers, ok?

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com