Originally Posted by Cecilia
Hello to all...Well about a month ago, started ds10 on 5mg (ADD) of adderall...Was working great. We were all so happy! Received numerous e-mails from teachers praising son's wonderful behavior etc...etc...Well, now the e-mails are coming in stating that ds is returning to his old habits and behavior. Teachers are not happy. Last week we tried 10mg.

Was there a recent WISC test at school? Have the results come back? Are all these emails a 'good reason' for them to hurry up with the scoring?

It may be that a different medication would work better at this point. Of maybe give it a few more days to see if the 10 mg dose works better. DS14 has a friend who take stimulents and 'draw all day' whenever the dose is bumped up - but I can't say why this is. The kid describes it as 'getting used to his amped up brain' - reminded me of how the first day I had glasses about all I could do was examing the world in detail.

Also - I love that book 'Transforming the Difficult Child Workbook' by Howard Glasser and Lisa Bravo. I don't like the 'anti-medication tone' but everything else in there has been very helpful for both the ADHD problems and the giftedness problems. They say it's for 'Intense' kid. LOL - I know a few of those!

Glad to hear about the nice email. Classroom fit might be an essential ingredient.
Good luck
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com