Warning: Serious need to vent!

Do you ever feel like you are dealing with incompetent people?

We just finished our new IEP meeting, mandated to take place by the state due to non-compliance of our school system and they still don't get it! Okay, yes, the laws are hard to follow as they are buried deep within thousands of words and they are sometime written for lawyers and not regular folks, but if I can understand them...why can't the top level people in our district understand them?

I mean seriously, if the law clearly tells you that you must include A,B & C and you've been given a decision of law from the state because you did it wrong in the first place...why would you not include A, B & C?

So I wait again for them to fix a very important part of the IEP and hope that they do. Because if they don't, then I'll have to go back to the state again for another formal complaint with all kinds of errors still on the IEP. Ugh! And in doing so reveal that the district actually lied on they first one; yep true story; so the state wouldn't give them a formal corrective action plan. Super Ugh!

What an embarassment for the district to have to be taken to the state level twice by the same person for not doing their jobs! Here's to hoping they will fix this error that is simple to fix and I can let this whole IEP progess go for this year!

Venting over smile