If wishes were horses I'd beg them to let parents just chose which classes to put their kids in. If they earn a failing, oh well. They tried. And if they didn't try, oh well. That happens anyway. I don't think too many parents would keep their kid struggling where they don't belong. That's a better free education. It even reflects and aligns iself better with real life. But me sitting here complaining and criticizing ain't as useful as advice. The squeaky wheel gets oiled. Go down to that school and start talking to people there. Tell everyone who will listen about your circumstances. Tell them also what it is that you love about the school And exactly the reasons why you prefer your child to go there. Red tape and bureaucracies cuss cuss, it's always a real person making the decision in the end. Good thing too, because an algorythm or formula can't really judge a situation like this where the numbers are questionable and there's a unique human being's educational history to consider. Good luck finding a good place. Wishing you the best of luck. Ps and with test scores like that, you're not asking for a university teaching position, you're asking for a better elementary education. How advanced is this gifted program that you need a 150+ iq to be worthy of a chance to try. I doubt it. Scratch that, it was condescending, rude, and it's not like I'm trying harder than your local school is to provide your community with a gifted program. I'm just a keyboard commando putting 2+2 togeather that parents are saying the gifted programs aren't geared right for the 150 iq's and now you're telling me they're turning away 130 iq's, which is the perfect optimal gifted level and who would greatly benefit from their program.

Last edited by La Texican; 12/23/10 12:08 PM. Reason: I mispoke again.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar