My ds will go to middleschool next year, and they're talking about what classes the kids will take now. 6th graders typically take either 6th grade math or pre-algebra. However, the sd is working toward placing some 6th graders in algebra. The school he is going to has not had 6th graders in algebra yet, but they are (perhaps) open to placing a few because the sd says they should.

I was told I need to write a letter to the principal requesting the placement and supply supporting evidence. Ds has always had A's in math, he has perfect scores on his state standardized tests for 4th and 5th grades, and his teacher is all for it. I think his teacher carries the most weight because A's in math and good test scores would also place a kid in pre-algebra, I'd imagine. I think they're looking for kids who are above and beyond, but they're only testing to a certain level.

What should I give for supporting evidence besides test scores, grades, teacher letter, and a description of his passion for math? I have IQ and acheivement scores, but they're several years old. He's never taken out-of-level tests. Any ideas?